William Gilpin Church of England School has a long history of service to the community. The school was originally founded by the Reverend William Gilpin in 1791 'For the Education of the Sons and Daughters of the Day Labourers of the Parish'. By 1870 the original building on the corner of School Lane was too small for the needs of the village and the present building was opened in 1875.
Worship underpins the values of our school and nourished by it we uphold our Christian ethos in all we do.
Our values compass Courage, Compassion and Community through a love of Christ.